Wednesday 17 April 2013

MANCHESTER: Discovering Northern England



My next destination in Britain got me a bit more north. The city is famous for its football team, Manchester United, but having had a walk around, I have to say there are more things to be mentioned:



I experienced that people here are easier to approach than Londoners. I also had to concentrate more as people have a different accent here and they always ask you where you are from. When I was walking through Manchester, I recognized a higher percentage of Asian people compared to London.

I went to see the media city right at the harbor. The BBC-owned building is huge and has an open public screen where you can always watch the news.


Right next to the media city is a big shopping mall with nice stores inside, where I had a quick look and could already find some nice clothes. Talking about clothes, Manchester has plenty of nice and cheap vintage shops!


The common transport vehicle in Manchester is the tram and it also has its faults. The trams do not always work properly and my journey was delayed several times in one day. Manchester Piccadilly is in my point of view a nice place to go.

All in all I would say that one day was enough to get to see all the hot spots in Manchester.

No comments:

Post a Comment