Saturday 29 May 2010

Sightseeing Marathon In New York City


At 9 a.m. the alarm woke us up. We had a lot of things to do today. We started our sightseeing tour with the Statue of Liberty. We got there using the ferry. Next stop was Wall Street, then Ground Zero. A store with pictures, videos and souvenirs of 9/11 was next to the area. Then we decided to go for shopping in the 21 Century. I found a lot of nice clothes there. We continued to Brooklyn Bridge, the Empire State Building and the Rockefeller Center. I next went to China Town to get my money changed, but it was not as easy as it seemed. Most of the Exchange offices were closed and the banks wanted a passport which I didn’t have with me. I asked a Chinese man around the corner for help. He was so friendly that we ended up at a Chinese dinner with his daughter. She changed my Euros to Dollars. I enjoyed the conversation with them both and hopefully I will see them again one day. It was getting pretty late and I had to hurry up to get to the Greenhouse club at midnight. I told Joey to meet there. The club had two dance floors with mainly hip-hop and house music. I met a lot of interesting people.

No comments:

Post a Comment