Thursday 28 August 2008

How Is Life On A Cruise Ship?

After one week of security preparation I flew to Palma de Mallorca to enter the ship AIDA DIVA. The ship toured Palma de Mallorca – Barcelona – Marseille – Civitavecchia – Naples. Everything went so fast I can’t remember everything.
My first impressions of the cruise ship were that it was massive and incredibly high. When I walked inside I started thinking about the sinking of the Titanic.
I got quite scared and didn’t feel well.
The first week I had to participate in security training so that in emergencies the crew knew what to do and how to react.
Every Saturday the security training involved the passengers too.

Unfortunately the passengers were predominantly German, so didn’t get a great chance to use the various languages I had learnt. My job was exciting; I was a show presenter, announcing all the shows that took place in the evenings.
I always was in close contact with the artists. I also moderated games and morning shows.
I loved my job, because I love being on stage and entertaining people, making them laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment